Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Alaska day 4 - Denali National Park

On our 4th day at the Denali NP, we don't have to get up too early, thanks goodness. We went to watch the sled dog demo. According to the ranger, the dogs are on a strict diet, that is why they look a bit skinny to me.



After the show, we went to the Denali Adventure Tours to book a rafting tour. The rafting company we went with is the Denali Outdoor Center. They actually came to pick us up from the inn, so we don’t have to drive. Everyone has to put on a dry suit, so you will not get wet. The guide gave us a safety talk before setting off. The weather was perfect for rafting; I think it is another wonderful way to view the scenery of the Denali NP. Also, you get to feel how cold the glacier water is. The water is 35 degrees that day, and we get to take a dip in the water too. I was reluctant to do the rafting but was glad I did. I highly recommend it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any water-proof gear for my camera, so I did not take any pictures.

No comments: